Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Squinty Doll by Pedigree

These dolls were available during the 1960’s. My dolls are about 23 cm (9 inches). They also come in a 12 inch size, (I think) and approx. 15 inches. The dolls do not have any identification on them but are made by Pedigree.
.

This is Denise whose eyes have gone a bit cloudy but she has a nice pink smile.



She sells sea shells on the sea shore.

This squinty doll has straight legs. She was undressed when I brought her. I have seen the brown squinty dolls with straight legs dressed to represent the different South Pacific islands. 



I also brought this doll undressed and  I knitted her this dress.




This doll's eyes are not in the correct position in the eye socket, but she has a nice coloured skin tone.



Sylvia is the first squinty doll I brought. She was undressed so I knitted her this dress.


This doll was made like this with the orange body. I have seen them with blue or yellow bodies.






The doll wearing the dress and bonnet, (and one blue shoe) is wearing her original clothes. 



This squinty doll has straight hair which looks untidy but she does have a nice skin colour.



Carolyn has lovely blonde hair and her lips were not painted evenly and the paint has now turned white. 


Marilyn is holding a rosebud squeeze toy rabbit.


Dawn is wearing her christening dress.


Have a look at the other photos on Squinty dolls by Pedigree on this blog.

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely dolls all dressed differently, Dawn looks so clean!
    I love her toy reindeer and matching sheet. She has gone to a good home :-)

    ReplyDelete